The next time you want to ask your friends some random funny questions, I wanted to provide a small selection of 15-20 humorous questions to ask. The following questions should be though-provoking enough to catch your friends and acquaintances off-guard, while at the same time disarming enough to ask to strangers.
Random humorous questions should make a person think, then let them talk about themselves for a minute or two. These should be conversation starters and ice-breakers to use at parties, on the bus, in the workplace, or at school. Be prepared to answer these questions yourself, especially if you audience is reluctant to open up at first.
- Was there ever a time you were frightened for your life?
- What was your favorite childhood injury?
- What do you dream about at night?
- Which exotic country would you like to visit and what would you do there?
- If your house was on fire and you could only grab 3 items from it, what would they be?
- What is your least favorite office chore?
- Have you ever won a trophy? If so, what for?
- What is the worst habit your boss has? Best habit?
- Do you have any phobias? What are they?
- Who is your favorite dead politician?
- Who is the worst actor in Hollywood?
- If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
- Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?
- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
- When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
- Name two things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
- If you were an animal, what would it be and why?
- If you were a cartoon character, which one would you be?
- Have you ever been told you look like someone famous? Who?
- Do you prefer mountains or beaches?
- If you knew you were about to have one last meal, what would it be?
- If reincarnation existed, whom would you most want to be reborn as?
- If a genie gave you three wishes, what would they be?
- If you were invisible, what would be the first thing you did?
Anytime you consider asking a question to a person, have in mind some follow-up questions, while having some stock comments to keep the conversation going. Once you have a random quiz prepared for new people you meet, you’re behaving kind of like a talk-show host, so disarm people and get them to open up about themselves.